Thursday, September 23, 2010

No more late night snacking for me.......

Holy Crap! I just saw a huge rat in my pantry!I did not know that Splinter had left NY for GA, I wonder if the Ninja Turtles are in there somewhere too? I mean I have known that something like that was around....I saw the evidence after I returned home from being gone all summer. And I have heard him in the walls, but oh Lordy I was not expecting that. All I wanted was some Froot Loops, and snacking is rare for me as me and food do not get along so well most days.....now I may never eat another  snack , ok I kid. But this just reminds me of how much I miss having my Hubby around. Because this is totally a "Man" job.....I mean I will set a trap, but then who is gonna take the thing to the garbage can....not me.

I usually try to look on the bright side of things and when I get real down about being here alone with the 2 demon spawn that call me Mommy, I remind myself of the things I am enjoying about this time apart.
  • Less laundry to wash and fold
  • I can get away with serving soup and sandwiches for dinner
  • my bed is not all destroyed when i wake up in the morning
  • nobody cares that I have not shaved in 3 days
  • NO Football!
  • I was able to go home for the summer
  • I can stay up as late as I want and not disturb anyone else
  • I can play loud music when I shower or clean
  • I do not have to share my bathroom ever! (except with trusted guests that I know will not pee on my seat)
And these are the things I have to remind myself about on the days that are rough, like today. Days where your feeling horrible and your foot is hurt because you fell off the rock climbing wall at the playground because you were wearing your butt firming shoes; and you know you can't just hide in bed all day because there are Mommy meetings to attend and care packages to be mailed and kids to shuttle and feed.....and rats to kill.  But hey we have almost made it half way through........and the kids are still alive.

Just remember it can always be worse and we are lucky it is not! So if your going through something similar get your list together and remind yourself of the silver lining.....

But seriously who is going to take the dead rat out after I murder it? help....

No comments:

Post a Comment