Wednesday, October 27, 2010

another one bites the dust....

I am so excited. Today I checked another thing off my bucket list! And while it is a silly thing to have on there as I have been told, I am proud of myself none the less, LOL. I taught myself how to wolf whistle. And while I can not do it everytime yet, I have done it at least 10 times so I think it deserves to be checked off now.

This has been a fun summer for me as I have checked 2 things off in a short amount of time. The first one was learning to knit, and while I am not very good at it (considering I am now on my 3rd attempt at the same blanket) I now know how to do it.

Most of the things on my bucket list are small achievable goals....I like to be able to say I checked something off and these give me something to do in between the really big goals , like cliff jumping in Africa over the zambezi river gorge. As really who has tons of oppurtunities to check those huge things off our lists often.

My list was a lot smaller before my trip to Africa. But after making a trip like that and having so much fun, I thought of so many other things I still wanted to do. And while cliff jumping may be hard to top, I now have the courage to try almost anything. And am looking forward to topping the thrill of that jump.

That trip also made me realise that I really want to see the rest of the world while I am still young enough to enjoy it and remember it. I want my kids to have a life full of adventure. I want a life full of adventure too. When I die I want to say, and believe that I truly lived. And really deployments are the best time to work on your bucket list....

And in case you wondering here are a few things on my list:

  • Learn to do a headstand
  • see the pyramids in Egypt
  • learn to surf
  • see Australia
  • learn to crochet
  • make a dress all by myself
  • learn to speak French
  • master the art of eyeliner application
  • learn to walk in heels (and not look like a man in drag)
  • go skydiving
  • see the pacific ocean
  • swim with dolphins or maybe sharks, lol
  • get kissed at the top of the Eiffel Tower
  • learn to paint like picasso
  • learn to rock climb
  • see Morocco
  • ride on a camel
  • celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary
  • take a fabulous cross country adventure down route 66
  • learn ballet
  • drive a Race car
  • ride a burrow into the Grand Canyon
These are just some of mine....I am always adding more it seems. My goal is to never stop growing or learning. And to step outside my comfort zone as much as possible. But for now I am happy just finally learning that silly whistle. LOL. Hopefully by the time I ever reach NY City I will be able to hail a cab with it Carrie Bradshaw style :)

Ok, I am ready to find that next item I can check off....but until then I am just happy i finally figured out that whistle. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment