Monday, November 15, 2010

(doing my Happy Dance!!!)

OMG! Yay! It has been an absolutely fabulous afternoon and evening here in my house. When I overslept today it did not look like things would work out quite as well......

They moved the Hubby's flight up by 2 hours which he told me as I was napping. Big Mistake #1....set the alarm wrong and i overslept.  Then I had to get up rush around like mad to get pretty and make sure the kids were pretty too. Got outside with our signs and books for the car only to realise I locked the door with my soda and keys still sitting in the house (Big mistake #2 if your wondering) had to find the hide a key and get back in to retrieve necessary caffeine to wake me up and keys to drive. LOL. By this point we are only half an hour from plane touching down at the airport 45 min away and I have just realised we forgot the diaper bag for Kate (big mistake #3) and the camera (Big mistake #4). It is so amazing that we did not get a ticket or even pulled over as I drove like a mad woman, until we wit traffic and a median fire (not sure why the median was on fire, it was weird though)

Finally I make it to the airport having been praying for a delay in his landing as we were cutting it so close and I just could not stand the thought of being late to pick him up after he had been traveling for so long to get to me. We managed to park and got our signs and Kate in the stroller (as she has decided her feet were not made to walk on they are simply to look good) and take off for the terminal in  this ridiculous Phoebe esque run, managing to cut off 2 cars and run over Kate's sign with the stroller all in the middle of the road.

Get into the airport panting and probably not looking so pretty anymore. We start looking for baggage claim for the flight only to have Katy begin screaming for her Daddy (needless to say she had seen him coming down the escalator before we did), if not for her we would have walked right past him......

Poor Guy I jumped on him and did not want to let go. It was the most amazing hug and kiss you have ever seen, definitely romance movie worthy (oh my poor kids having to witness that). I had been nervous and worried for absolutely nothing, because it felt just like we had not been apart all these months and now the fights seem silly and we are happy.....

Although I will say it was really weird having a man in my bedroom again much less in my shower. LOL. I am really hoping he does not mind the girly things I did to our bedroom since he has been gone....

But anyways for right now I am blissfully happy, the kids are happy (no one was afraid of Daddy) and now as I right this I can hear the wonderful sweet sound of my Hubby snoring next to me. So maybe no cold feet tonight now that my foot warmer is home again.

Here is hoping the rest of this leave is as amazing as tonight has been (o:

No comments:

Post a Comment