Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

But the angel said to them , "Do not be afraid. I bring to you good news and great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord"......Happy Birthday Baby Jesus, who is the reason for the season, and through whom I have been so very blessed this year.

I am very fortunate that this year is the only Christmas my Hubby has ever missed with me, no small feat for the military family I assure you. And while I miss him so, I know that we have been very lucky.

And it was a fabulous Christmas, we got way more than we could ever need and even got snow. A first for my hometown according to Dad. And we ate till we had to put the fat pants on (I will probably weigh a million pounds by New Year's Eve)....there were funny pictures and Christmas bedtime stories and sleepovers at my Sister's house, and some quality family time spent. But....

It was sad for several reasons too...I missed my Grandaddy and my Granny. This would have been the first Christmas with my Granny in over 20 years. And I still do not understand why God needed her when he did. I wish he had given her just this one Christmas with us, as I know she was so looking forward to it. And Christmas Eve at my MawMaw's just isn't the same without my Grandaddy. And it made me regret the last 8 years that I have not gone home for Christmas, and then I finally get to come home and its too late.  But the thing that makes me the saddest was that my Hubby missed all of this with us. It is just no fun playing Santa alone (and I really do hate putting everything together myself), and it made me miss him all the more.

Plus I do not know if it is sleep deprivation or stress, but I have been uber emotional this Christmas. And as odd as it sounds I felt so very alone last night in the middle of my really big family. It was weird being the only married person there without her spouse (besides my poor MawMaw) ....but I am thankful for this Christmas. It was nice seeing everyone and spending time with them, because you just never know if you will get another Christmas.  Much less a white one.....so Yay!

I am also thankful that the shopping is finally done and there is nothing left to be bought or wrapped or cooked.....time to settle in for the night with a Christmas movie and relax. I only wish I had some wine, LOL.

So here is hoping a Happy Christmas to all and to all a goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment