Saturday, March 31, 2012

I'm not dead....

Ok, so I have not been feeling especially prolific lately....Sorry.

My Hubby just got back from one of the "Super Fun" army schools....yay us. >.< But it actually wasn't too terrible this go around. But really 2 months doesn't really compare to the year long deployment we just survived. He missed Valentine's day again, he of course made up for it by sending me very pretty flowers and getting me the uber cool Pan am Bag I wanted!

Plus....I have been pretty focused on getting myself straightened out. And Good news, I am now back up to a healthy weight :) and have been eating much better. I am also back in the gym getting my groove on. There really is nothing better than having someone watch the kids while I enjoy some me time :) [getting in shape too is just a bonus]. I won't lie, I am still struggling with my body image , I probably always will. But I am seeing a therapist and try to remind myself that I am perfectly imperfect...LOL. And when all else fails I distract myself with meaningless TV, aka Jersey Shore and Teen Mom. The Guidos and Guidettes are growing on me and oh my I think I love My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding ( I blame this last one on my friend Connie).

And I am one very proud Momma, My Boy just performed in the School Talent show a few weeks ago! He was AMAZING! (I of course knew he would be) He performed a breakdance routine to the Phinneas and Ferb song Squirrels in my pants (because who doesn't like that song, really?). He had the whole room cheering and clapping and for good reasons this time...I guess I really should have seen this coming since his rousing performance during a Vacation Bible school skit when he was 3. He totally managed to upstage the "Blues Brothers".

I am having a lil bit of anxiety over the fact my Baby is growing up so fast, so hard to believe that she will be in kindergarten next year.....and she is my last baby :( . Every time I see her dancing or the fact that she has begun pronouncing words right that just a few months ago she couldn't say. It's a lil scary, so I try to stay in the moment with them both...since pretty soon they will be grown. So I will read the Belly Button book for the millionth and ten time and will sit making paper Origami Yoda and Darth Paper.I will even watch every episode of Phinneas and Ferb with my kids and sing along to every crazy song, over and over until we make ears bleed. I will also make a complete fool of myself in Target if it illicits even one grin out of them much to the dismay of my very conservative Hubby. Just try duck walking through the target store while making fish faces and see what happens....seriously go and try it.

Oh and we took a fabulous little holiday to Great Wolf, which next to Walt Disney World is the greatest place on earth for families. And so much closer and really affordable. It was so nice to get away for a few days after the Hubby got home, with the kids for some much needed fun. Everybody had a blast and I got some major bonding in with my Boy. We spent 3 days chasing after fairies and treasure chests and magic stars and the Goblin King on magical adventures. We gallantly fought and defeated most of our foes until we met the dastardly Red Dragon...we tried over and over again to no avail. The lovely staff at the lodge tried to help as well, only to finally determine that this foe was a cheat, so we moved on to other quests for glory.....but on our last night there we decided to give it one more try just so we could say we did the absolute best we could....and with a lil teamwork he and I defeated the horrid Red Dragon....I could not have been more excited had the Braves won the World Series....you should have seen the people staring at the 2 of jumping up and down and high fiving. But as master card always says ....3 days at Great Wolf $500.00, A wand , crown, belt , princess hat, fairy wings and a compass $75.00....bonding with your Boy and finally defeating the Red Dragon.....PRICELESS!

For the most part my life is Normal....well as normal as it can be when you are me.
So in case you were wondering, I am not dead..........

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for blaming me for your recent addiction to My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. I miss you so I'll take the fall without rebuttal. Love you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you like crazy! But what can I say you got good taste in tv. Love you more!

    ReplyDelete